Renewed Computer Technology is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information. Therefore, we follow the ten principles of the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. The personal information that Renewed Computer Technology generally collects is used for:
- determining eligibility for RCT programs
- verifying enrolment in a training, skill development or academic program
- verifying identification documents for purposes of employment or program eligibility
- gathering additional information as it pertains to employment, program eligibility or purchase of items and or services
- if demographic information is collected, it will only be used for promotional and internal target market analysis activities
We handle information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information can be provided to us through paper and web based applications and or documents. Such information may be recorded for the purpose of processing and receipting a donation, program or employment application, or financial transaction.
10 Privacy Principles
1. Accountability: Renewed Computer Technology is responsible for protecting the confidentiality and security of personal information under its control. We have designated an individual to oversee our compliance with the Act and ensure privacy principles are upheld.
2. Identifying Purposes: Before Renewed Computer Technology collects any personal information, the organization will identify the purposes for its collection, use or disclosure and provide notice of these purposes to the individual. If RCT plans to use or disclose personal information for a purpose not previously identified, the individual will be informed and further consent will be sought.
3. Consent: Except where permitted or required by law, Renewed Computer Technology will only collect personal information with the knowledge and consent of the individual. RCT will use a form of consent (express or implied) that reflects the nature of the information being collected, taking into account its sensitivity and the expectations of the individual.
Individuals may withdraw their consent at any time to Renewed Computer Technology’s continuing use or disclosure of personal information, subject to reasonable notice, contractual restrictions and/or RCT’s legal or fiduciary obligations.
4. Limiting Collection: RCT will only collect personal information that is necessary to fulfill purposes identified to the individual. All personal information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: RCT will only use or disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, unless an individual has otherwise consented or where the use or disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of identified purposes.
6. Accuracy: Renewed Computer Technology will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. You can assist us in ensuring your records are current by providing us with any changes to your personal information, such as an address change. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and amend it as necessary.
7. Safeguards: RCT will protect the personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
RCT will protect the personal information we collect from you with security safeguards. Unencrypted electronically transmitted information is not 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us electronically or that you request us to transmit to you via public internet.
Our systems and procedures are designed to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
8. Openness: RCT will make available to you information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access: Upon written individual request to the Privacy Officer, RCT will identify if it possesses personal information about an individual and will provide access to that information.
In providing access, RCT will indicate the source of the information and provide an account of how it is being used.
Individuals have a right to challenge the accuracy or completeness of personal information and to have it amended as required. Where a dispute about accuracy cannot be resolved, an individual may submit a short statement that will be appended to the file.
All written access requests should be directed to:
945 Meyerside Drive
Mississauga, ON, L5T 1P9
10. Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the principles to RCT’s Privacy Officer.
You can request copies of the CSA Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information from: Canadian Standards Association 178 Rexdale Boulevard Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9W 1R3
View the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.