For Individuals, Families, and Students
The Outreach program provides qualifying individuals, families and students, access to affordable renewed computers, ready to use software and learning modules all in one package. We are pleased to offer a variety of desktop and laptop packages to meet your needs. Ready to order – click the order now button – below.
We support individuals, families, and students access affordable computers. We provide a one year limited parts and labour depot warranty from the date the computer is received.
Each computer comes loaded with a Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite and skill development software.
Interested in partnering with us, to help the clients you serve access technology?
CHECK IF YOU QUALIFY FOR THE PROGRAM
PROOF OF QUALIFICATION
SCHEDULE YOUR PICKUP OR DELIVERY
CHECK IF YOU QUALIFY View and Print PDF
If you are not working with one of our partners, and you are applying on your own – please see below:
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Ontario
- Must meet current Low Income Cut-off (LICO) standards
Please note that applications being submitted for anyone under the age of 18 require a parent or legal guardian to accompany them when picking up their computer.
HOW TO QUALIFY
Low income status is determined using the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) Standards as defined by Statistics Canada.
Low income status can be determined using family or household income. The family concept used is the economic family, that is, all persons living in the same dwelling and related by blood, marriage, common-law relationship or adoption. A household is defined as a person or group of persons residing in a dwelling.
To view the LICO Standards – please click here.
PROOF OF QUALIFICATION View and Print PDF
Acceptable forms of proof of income*:
Most recent proof of financial assistance from:
- Ontario Works (OW)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Employment Insurance in the form of a benefit statement
- Current OSAP statement of funding
- Second Career agreement
- Refugee Payment from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRC)
- Current Notice of Assessment prepared by Revenue Canada. Compare your income against the Low Income Cut-Off Standards available here.
- Supporting letter for the application (Please contact us for more information)
*Note: Payslips/Paystubs, bank statements, T4s are NOT accepted.
For more information on eligibility, please refer to our General Program frequently asked questions
We can take payment in the form of:
- Credit card/Visa debit
- Mail in money order
- Mail in certified cheque
Your order will not be complete without payment.
We cannot take cash payments or in-person payments at this time.
If you are applying for a computer that will be paid for by a service provider or case worker, please be sure to indicate this in your application.
If you are applying as an individual, and you are not working with one of our Partners, please follow the steps below, unless otherwise instructed by a Partnering organization:
When you click the link below, to apply for a computer, using our online order form, here are the steps you will need to take:
- First page of the order form: please select your payment option and fill out your contact information. Here you will see a list highlighting all our computer packages. These computer packages may not all be available, at the time of your application, as the computer packages are dependent on the donations we receive
- Section A: Group Code and a Group Name – please type N/A in these two areas
- Section B: Proof of eligibility. This is where you would upload your supporting documents showing us you qualify for our program
- Section C: Shipping information – please choose the ship-to-home option ($40 for a laptop/$50 for a desktop) or the free pick-up option in Mississauga, Toronto, Ottawa, or Niagara office. You cannot select the “Ship to Partner” shipping option unless instructed to by the Partnering organization you are working with.
- Section D: This is where you get to pick the computer package you want and the method of payment which is the final step on the application.
Please note that an order will not be built until we have received payment.
SCHEDULE YOUR PICK UP/DELIVERY
After your computer has been built and ready to be handed over to you, a representative from RCT will reach out to the email and/or phone number you provided us, to schedule the pick up or delivery of your computer.
If you have applied with a Partnering organization (eg. the York Region District School Board), and selected a “Ship to Partner” shipping option, a representative from the organization will then reach out to schedule a pick up time from their location.
Please note: the current expected wait time for a computer, from the point of application, is 3-4 weeks.
If you have any questions about the pick up or delivery process, or you would like to update an address on your application, please contact us at [email protected]
Our office locations are as follows:
- Mississauga: 945 Meyerside Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 1P9
- Toronto: 401-192 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2C2
- Ottawa: 1345 Baseline Road Suite 300, Ottawa, Ontario, K2C 0A7
- Niagara: 91 Bunting Road, St. Catharines, Ontario, L2P 3G8
Is there a deadline to apply?
There is no deadline to apply unless you are working with one of our partners. Otherwise, Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
How many computers can I request?
We offer 1 computer per individual with a limit of 2 per household, per year.
How do I check on the status of my application?
Processing your order, and building your computer could take up to 3-4 weeeks. If you would like an update, as to the status of your order, you can email us: [email protected]
If I do not meet the low income requirement is there another way to qualify?
Unfortunately there is not. The primary purpose of the program is to enable low income individuals to achieve their goals through improved access to technology.
Is there a certain age limit for applicants?
No, however we ask that parents/guardians complete the application forms and provide appropriate documentation for anyone under 18 years of age.
Can I reapply if I am not approved the first time?
If you are able to satisfy the eligibility requirements and provide proper documentation, you are welcome to reapply.
Do computers come with an operating system and software?
Yes, all computers for this program come with a Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office.
Does RCT deliver computers?
Yes, if you are unable to access one of RCT’s centres. However, shipping and handling fee is extra. The online order form outlines the shipping fees. If you are not working with one of our partners, shipping to your home is as follows: a desktop is $50.00 while shipping a laptop is $40.00
Who can I contact to recycle my computer?
If you would like to recycle your computer, please send us an email: [email protected]
What is covered under warranty?
All systems are covered by RCT’s ‘no hassle’ 1 years parts and labour depot warranty which includes:
- the monitor
- the CPU (motherboard and add-on cards)
- the hard disk drive
- CD-ROM drive
- the keyboard, and
- the mouse
For anything not listed above, introducing: our new Software Support Service, created with you in mind. We offer very affordable IT Support to help you with your IT needs. Check out our – SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES FLYER
What is NOT covered by the warranty?
The following is not covered:
- Any and all physical damage change caused by activities outside of normal computer usage.
- Any changes made to hardware that have not been completed by RCT.
- Damage to software and/or hardware caused by viruses, malware, or other malicious programs. RCT can take care of these issues for a fee. For more information – email us at: [email protected]
- Recovery of deleted files or programs including the Operating System, resulting from adding or removing hardware, software or components which are NOT compatible with your system or which cause your system to malfunction.
- Laptop Battery (not available via our new Software Support Service)
For anything listed above, introducing: our new Software Support Service, created with you in mind. We offer very affordable IT Support, to help you with your IT needs. Check out our – SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES FLYER
Do I have to pay for the warranty?
No, the 1 year warranty is free with each computer system.
After the 1 year warranty, you can access our new service: Software Support Service, created with you in mind. We offer very affordable IT Support, to help you with your IT needs. Check out our – SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES FLYER
Can I extend my warranty?
No, the maximum time for a warranty is 1 years. However you can reapply for a new computer every year.
Where do I take my computer for warranty work?
During the warranty period, return the computer to one of our warehouse facilities in either Mississsauga, Ottawa or St. Catharines. Please call in advance to book a warranty drop off. For details on location, go to our Contact Us page
If I return my equipment to RCT for warranty work, will I lose my data?
RCT strongly advises that you back up your system on a regular basis. We do not guarantee your data will be safe as we may have to re-install the Operating System, replace the hard drive or completely replace the computer. If you need help with this – introducing: our new Software Support Service, created with you in mind. We offer very affordable I T Support, to help you with your I T needs. Check out our – SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES FLYER
Is my computer still covered under warranty after RCT has repaired or replaced it?
Yes, the duration of your warranty remains the same if RCT repairs or replaces your computer. It is calculated from the original pick-up date.
What happens if my computer breaks down after the warranty period expires?
If this happens, we’ve got you covered.
Introducing: our new Software Support Service, created with you in mind. We offer very affordable IT Support, to help you with your IT needs. Check out our flyer – SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES FLYER
Impacts & Inspiration
Social. Economic. Environmental.
What inspires our work