Give YOUR used technology a NEW life!
We focus our efforts on renewing the donations we receive, working to refurbish each computer to extend it’s life cycle for additional years of meaningful use. Where we are not able to renew a donation, we will e-waste the donation withn an approved and audited recycler that meets the ON Ministry of the Environment’s standards, providng a socially and environmentally responsible option for end-of-life electronic waste, diverting over 1,000,000 tonnes of electronic waste from being improperly disposed of in landfills, or illegally exported elsewhere.
RCT has first right of refusal for all Federal Government, I T assets. Our equipment comes from such donors as: Department of National Defence, Canada Revenue Agency, Telus, CIBC, and others.
We securely wipe sensitive data off of every donation we receive before we begin the refurbishment process.
To date, we have refurbished and delivered over 1.5 million computers across Canada, with 510,000 in Ontario alone!
To learn more about the Computer for Schools Plus program, click on the image below to watch our video
Or, you can read the National Post Article, May 20, 2020 – Computer for Schools program brings much-needed technology to Canada. Read the article – HERE!
Ready to donate your surplus computers?
YOUR donated technology will help people in need!
- By choosing to donate your computer technology you are taking an active role in helping to reduce the digital divide Ontarians are facing today.
- Your computer donation helps children in schools and in families living with limited income who otherwise would not be able to access this resource.
- Your donation will go directly to one of our production warehouses (Mississauga and Niagara) to be refurbished then redistributed to the schools, charities, not-for-profits, First Nation bands, individuals and families we currently serve across Ontario.
YOUR donation will help save the environment!
- Save greenhouse gases, preserve natural resources and conserve energy while also diverting toxic elements such as lead, mercury and cadmium from landfills.
- Refurbishing saves 20x more energy than recycling! In just one year, we saved 8,808 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, 1,391 tonnes of water emissions and $15.2 million in energy costs.
- 22 million pounds of e-waste has been diverted (through reuse alone) since the inception of our program!
YOUR donation provides PAID work experience!
- Every donation that comes through our doors is an opportunity for our youth interns to develop new skills related to their careers in technology.
- Our youth interns are responsible for detailing, refurbishing, and renewing each and every computer distributed through our programs.
All donated technology that cannot be reused is disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner. To read more about our recycling practices and standards, please click the following links:
WHAT are the donation hours?
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, excluding holidays
For more information on our donation process:
Check out our donation brochure,HERE!
Or, email us with your questions: [email protected]